Sunday, December 14, 2014

Initial Discussions

Justin Wilcox:

Each of us finding 3 educators (people who spend the majority of their working time teaching entrepreneurship outside of academia) to interview about their biggest challenges?
- What, why, and how and do you teach entrepreneurship?
- What's the biggest problem you're focused on solving with your teaching endeavors?
- When was the last time you encountered that problem?
- Why was it a problem?
- When was the last time you tried to fix the problem?
- What isn't optimal about the solution?
- Repeat script at least one more time.



Spike Morelli:

If we're talking about impact and making a difference, measured as how much we can shift minds and help people, then I'm game. That of course becomes harder to measure, it's fundamentally the same issue with getting kids a good education. People use jobs and money as a proxy, but I think we can and should do better. I've spent a bunch of time to think about this for prometheus, and I think from experience we can definitely tell when people "get it" and when they don't and see them going through the ah-ha moment (when that happens). What that translates to on paper I don't know, but we're obviously able to observe that shift happening and at least speaking for myself that's what I'm looking for (the same that as a teacher you look for the kids understanding the subject and not just scoring well in a test).



Adam Berk:

the way you measure if they GET IT is if they "show reasonable willingness" to continue to 
  1. run experiments 
  2. talk to customers
  3. not just build shit for the sake of building shit
the trick is translating that behavior into correlated savings THEN correlating it specifically with faster innovation or more democratized innovation (meaning more people have the same access/ability to change the world)...

gonna be tough to run disciplined experiments around this - but if anyone can - we can:)



No comments:

Post a Comment