Thursday, January 8, 2015

They don't get it



Lone:

Teaching Challenge: "Finding the people (founders) who will "get it" quicker. (...) if they don't get it, they don't do it when I'm not there"



Alline Oliveira:

I would start our discussion with a question. "They dont get it, or they get it but they don't necessarily like/agree/believe that is worth repeating it often??"


Lone:

I think the discussion about:

“They get it, They get it but do not like it/don’t do it, They don’t get it” is extremely interesting in terms of what barriers and resistance we find in the middle group and how can it be overcome.

I assume that looking into this, some of the findings will give us insights about how to increase training efficiency and hopefully the overall number of people who are converted to “getters”.


Alline Oliveira:

Really good point Lone! Totally agree.

I will add that the answers to these questions get very clear when we, as teachers, start to eat our own dog food.
I always do myself every single exercise and activity I share in my classes. I apply them all to my own startups. And every time I can't keep doing a Lean activity or every time I find out an Innovation game very boring or useless, I start understand my students much better... And it makes much easier to communicate and empathize with them. Most time I agree with them myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment